Campus Compact invites member institutions to complete the annual member survey for 2015. This survey marks 30 years of a national data collection on campus-community engagement. The survey aims to develop greater understanding of trends and practices in higher education community engagement.
Link to the 2015 Membership Survey.
This year, special efforts have been taken to align the national survey of institutions with other instruments in the field while maintaining continuity with data gathered historically. This new survey aims to give respondents a head start in data collection for other institutional and national purposes. Feedback, as always, is welcomed after completion of the data collection process.
Specific Guidelines for 2015:
- Please ensure that only one survey per campus is completed.
- All data reported in the survey should reflect the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
- Multiple offices will need to provide data for the most accurate campus portrait.
- The survey is to be completed online. You can save, exit, and return as needed – but you must do so using the same computer. If you exit and go to a different computer, or if you clear your browser history on your computer, you will need to start the survey over from the beginning.
- We recommend that you review questions before starting, gathering information needed from other institution offices and/or committees. You can print a shareable copy of these survey questions.
- You can change an answer by returning to an item already completed and entering a different response – but only prior to hitting the “submit” button.
- Once you select the “submit” button on the last page, you will not be able to edit or return.
- When responding to questions about students, please include data for all students – graduate and undergraduate – at your institution.
- Basic characteristics of your institution will be pulled from the Integrated Postsecondary Education System (IPEDS) and integrated into your institution’s survey data.
- You may want to begin by reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- The survey site will be open between October 19 and December 18, 2015, and is accessible via this link. Please start early so that you will have time to gather the information requested.
- If you gather all information prior to starting the survey, it should take no more than 60 minutes to complete.
- An Executive Summary of survey results will be available in the Spring of 2015. You can view the 2014 Executive summary and associated reports on the Campus Compact website.
- Definitions and Frequently Asked Questions.
- 2015 Survey Questions.
- Please contact Maggie Grove, Director of Operations, at Campus Compact with questions.
In addition to providing the opportunity for aggregating national data and comparing across institutions, the annual survey provides a mechanism for campus-based information gathering that supports subsequent applications for the Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement and/or the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll and enables evaluation of campus community engagement efforts. The information collected may be useful as you prepare your annual report or communicate internally about institutional community engagement strategies, outcomes, and impact.