Rhode Island Campus Compact member campuses or community-based organizations with a member campus partner may apply to host a RI Campus Compact AmeriCorps*VISTA. Applications to host an AmeriCorps*VISTA for the 2016-17 program year are due January 22 by 5 pm. Please access the Host Site Application for a full timeline and in-depth program details.
The RICC AmeriCorps*VISTA Program places VISTA members on campus and community host sites in order to create, expand, or enhance projects that lift people out of poverty. Through their work, RICC VISTAs develop sustainable connections and build the capacity of community and campus partners to address poverty-related community needs. RICC VISTA projects reflect the mission, values, and strategic goals of Rhode Island Campus Compact, and align with the CNCS priority focus area of education.
RICC AmeriCorps*VISTAs benefit the host site and community by:
- Building and strengthening partnerships with community-based organizations that fight poverty
- Mobilizes and organizes campus and community volunteers
- Leads fundraising and grant-writing efforts to support community partnerships
- Researches and documents best practices of existing programs
- Designs and implements programs and student support structures
- Adds nearly $40,000 worth of human resources (a full-time VISTA) to a project
To apply to host a VISTA for the 2016-17 program year, please complete the Host Site Application. All new host sites are required to email an Intent to Apply to Mary Alice O’Connor that includes the following information:
- Host Site Name (member campus/community partner organization)
- Supervisor Name and Title
- Number of VISTAs applying for
- Short description of the proposed project (no more than 500 words)
Contact Mary Alice O’Connor with questions or concerns.