Rhode Island Campus Compact is still recruiting for 5 of our AmeriCorps VISTA positions!
Interested candidates can directly apply to the RICC AmeriCorps VISTA program through the AmeriCorps Portal.
Rhode Island Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTAs are full-time members who address the pressing issues of low-income communities by expanding access to post-secondary opportunities throughout the state. With placements at RI colleges and universities, education-focused non-profit organizations, and urban PK-12 schools, RICC VISTAs build authentic campus-community partnerships in order to align and leverage resources. Through their unique placements, RICC VISTAs directly impact local communities by researching best practices, mapping community assets and resources, identifying funding opportunities, and strengthening the capacity of their organizations to meet unmet community needs.
2016-2017 AmeriCorps VISTA Host Sites still accepting applicants include:
- 360 High School, College Access for All AmeriCorps VISTA
- Graduate RI
- Rhode Island School of Design, Internal Leadership AmeriCorps VISTA
- Roger Williams University, Community Partnerships Center AmeriCorps VISTA
- University of Rhode Island, Talent Development AmeriCorps VISTA
Benefits of serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA:
- Post-service education award of $5,775 or $1,500 stipend
- Noncompetitive eligibility for federal employment following successful completion of service
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Modest Living Allowance (~983/month)
- Student loan forbearance and childcare assistance (if applicable)
- Comprehensive AmeriCorps VISTA orientation and on-going professional development
- Access to large network of non-profit leaders and higher education faculty/staff
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Health benefits
Contact Mary Alice O’Connor, RICC Associate Director, with questions or for more information.