RHODE ISLAND CAMPUS COMPACT
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE (TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE)
TITLE: PROGRAM ASSOCIATE, Rhode Island Campus Compact (RICC)
REPORTS TO: RICC Program Director and RICC Executive Director
SALARY: $16.00 per hour, 12-16 hours a week
STATUS: Temporary Employee, 8 month position, hosted at Providence College
DATE: December 2013 – August 2014
JOB SUMMARY (OVERVIEW)
Work for a small, dynamic statewide higher education organization that supports civic and community engagement! Provide administrative, programmatic and communication support to the RICC office, including AmeriCorps programs, strategic initiatives, and general RICC member support. Position includes handling basic office management and general office procedures, AmeriCorps administrative functions, statewide events and workshops, and other duties as assigned. This position is temporary and contingent upon grant funding. We are looking for a team member that is passionate about our mission, comes with great organizational and communication skills, and is willing to use his or her skills to enhance our organizational outcomes.
- Support RICC Program Director in the Scholarships for Service AmeriCorps grant day-to-day duties, including data entry, reporting, and communications. Support RICC Executive Director in the AmeriCorps Planning Grant, including data collection, meeting logistics, and reporting.
- Provide administrative support for the office, including telephone and e-mail support and respond to requests for information. Update and maintain both the central organizational contacts via membership database and the office calendar. Prepare and compile documents and correspondence as needed.
- Work with RICC staff and Providence College to update and track compliance of financial accounts. Prepare standard financial reports and present to Executive Director. Record office expenses, submit expense receipts and pay bills as necessary. Prepare contract and reimbursement invoices and monitor payment status. Monitor and re-order office supplies as needed.
- With support from the Executive and Program Director, responsible for coordinating the logistical arrangements for various events, including but not limited to maintaining registration lists, ensuring room logistics and food arrangements.
- Assist staff in communications. Help draft and proof publications, including e-newsletter, financial reports, marketing materials, and surveys. Monitor and maintain content on the website, listservs and blogs.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. General knowledge and interest in civic engagement, service-learning, higher education and the Corporation for National and Community Service. Demonstrated record of taking initiative and aggressively pursuing task completion. Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in an entrepreneurial environment. Collaborative team player and accomplished multi-tasker who is able to work independently. Excellent oral and written communication skills and problem-solving skills. Experience maintaining and updating website and database content. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and Survey Monkey. Experience with both Mac and PC systems.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Send a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Including a writing, project, or design sample is welcomed. Priority deadline for submission is December 2, 2013.